Friday, December 6, 2013

The Deep End, the Deep End


I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but this song is what it's like to live with an anxiety disorder. At least, for me it is. When I was living at my grandma's house a few years ago, I was in a pretty bad place. And one day I was listening to this song while driving to school or something and eating an entire box of Junior Mints, and I remember thinking, "Yes. They get it. This is what it's like." And I put it on repeat and belted it (an octave higher) at the top of my lungs every time I was in the car for the next week.

Every once in a while I'll binge on this song again. I have a lot of friends who get it, who live with this every day like I do, but there's something about being able to rock out and belt a song that's way too high and expend all of that nervous energy while knowing that somebody else gets it that's just so therapeutic. Because it's hard to feel trapped everywhere you go and never seem to make any progress, but as long as there's good music in the world and people who understand, it can't be all bad.

So, here. Add this song to your "I'M FREAKIN' OUT" playlist (I know you have one) and remember while you're rockin' out that it really isn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment