Thursday, May 6, 2010

Shake it! SHAKE IT!


Nights like tonight give me hope. Good times with good friends: laughing so hard I have to pee, lazy workout sessions (but workout sessions, dangit!), too-friendly IHOP servers, and in-car scream sessions to sad and/or club music. For a couple of hours, nothing weighed me down (except the daunting prospect of therapy, which starts tomorrow-that's another story). It felt good to get caught up in the moment, lost in the laughter. It was fun to joke about our troubles, send them skipping away into the oblivious night.

I poured my heart and soul into an art project all day, and by 9 o'clock at night I had something to show for it. A journal, in fact, much like the one I'm using now. I worked hard for about twelve hours, figured some stuff out, made some stuff up, and created something that means just as much to me as it does to Lou (the recipient. Her birthday is saturday!).

If you'll excuse me, I need to retrieve some paper from the oven so I can go to bed. 4:30 AM is not my favorite time of day, yet I would hate to see it dissolve into 5.

Good game today, Universe.


~~~


Recorded 5/5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment