Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Thursday, Batman! (not as lighthearted as it sounds)

I just realized that this is Holy Week.  I don't know how I missed it, but knowing that I squandered the days leading up to Easter and the correlative opportunity to pay homage to my Savior makes me very sad, especially in light of my (almost sacred) epiphany last night.

I haven't been giving enough of myself, and it has to stop.  Actually, I don't think that's right.  I think I need to find ways to include my spirituality, my religion, my love of God in everything I do.  It's high time I prioritize and put the Lord first, because if I can't remember that Easter is this Sunday, and I can't find the time to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and think about what it all means for me, then I'm not doing it right.

I'll start with sharing the scripture that currently occupies my chalkboard:

"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our abode with him."  
John 14:23


And making a concerted effort to keep His words.

No comments:

Post a Comment