Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Little Open-Minded Self Therapy

I just had a conversation with a friend, and it was miraculously coherent; I'm pretty sure God was keeping me awake and putting eloquent phrases into my mouth because I've been half asleep since about 4 PM. Anyway, while I was talking to my dear friend, she mentioned her fear of imminent failure and how that was holding her back. It got me to thinking, and about two seconds ago my brain said, "failure is a stepping stone- failure is enlightenment." Because when it all comes down to it, we can't pick ourselves up unless we've fallen, right? So failure is a vehicle, nothing but an effective and vivid teaching medium. At the end of it all, at least I'll know how things turned out.

So.
As disaster precedes illumination and I can always pick myself back up, I vow henceforth never to fear failure, but to embrace it, learn from it, and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment